Monday, March 4, 2013

Savory Cole Slaw

48 days away from my due date today and I had a massive hankerin' for some cole slaw (and boiled peanuts, which are now in hour 3 of boiling... I have no idea what I'm doing there, I just really like them, so a few months ago I dumped a bag of peanuts in a  pot with a cup of salt and boiled them for 7 hours, and it seems to work).

Anyway,  I don't like sweet slaw-- and even the "unsweet" kind at Publix tastes too sweet to me.

So, thanks to input from 5-6 recipes, here's what I made... and I'm diggin' it.

Savory Cole Slaw

Dressing: Whisk in bottom of large bowl
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp spicy mustard
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (or less)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar


1/2 head purple cabbage
1/2 head green cabbage
3 large carrots
Shred all in food processor

Add veggies to dressing, mix well, chill


Pic taken with PhotoBooth-- it looks way better than this, but I'm too lazy to take it on my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment